Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sunday, Rainy Sunday

Went to sleep Saturday night pretty pumped about the first long, social winter ride of the 'off' season. Woke up at least four times in the middle of the night to sounds of car wheels on a very wet Wisconsin Ave. 6:30AM rolled around and the scent of coffee (I love the delay brew feature!!) woke me once more. Stepped out onto the still wet balcony and knew my nancy gene was about to take over. I quickly ceded and sent out the APB text: 'Looking a bit too wet 4 my blood.' I knew I'd catch some flack. Like clockwork, the requisite insults and taunts rolled in. 'Wimp.' 'Nancy.' 'Made of sugar?' It's a good thing I can take a friendly ribbing, 'cause it seems like cyclists, at least the friendly and easy-going ones, are prone to laying it on...thick-like.

And so I settled in for a lazy Sunday. Groceries, egg sandwiches, some minor cleaning, catching up on Netflix, catching up on Top Chef, a trip to the post office, and other household projects took center stage. The option of hitting the trainer still loomed, but I opted out. Plus, SVR is pretty deep in the flu locker, so I had to also tend to her needs.

The biggest accomplishment of this rare Sunday off was hanging the three most recent additions to the Gallerie de Walenander. The 780 s.f. (on a humid day) condo has few advantages. One big plus is that there's little room for too many major home projects. A big day working around the house involves hanging a painting or two and vaccuming the baseboards! Needless to say, we took possession of the latest pieces (two more Calders and a Sharir) from FAAG about a month ago and they've been stacked precariously at the back of the couch ever since. If Brian at FAAG knew, he'd have our heads! With minimal bickering and unanimous agreement on placement, the walls in the dining corner and bedroom are now adequately arted out.

No comments: